Monday, October 31, 2016

Wk 3 EOC: Greatest Restaurant Experience

My greatest restaurant was when I had dined at Giada's at the Cromwell on the Strip, in Las Vegas. Chef Giada is a famous, female chef, who specializes in Italian food. My classmate Isabel had just graduated from The Art Institute of Las Vegas so we decided to celebrate. We made the reservation for 8:30 p.m. on a Sunday night, we arrived at 8:15. At first it looked like no one was waiting in the designated area so we got a little excited. Once we had walked up to the front desk, the Hostess told us that the reservations are running behind schedule. So we were then told to have a seat and wait for our party to be called. So we had a seat and moments later another party walked in and were told the same thing. Finally, around 8:50 our party was called and the hostess led us to our table. The restaurant was spectacular and it was quite busy as it should be on a Sunday night. Not a minute after we had taken our seats, one of the waiters came up to us and welcomed us into the restaurant. He then offered us a drink to start off with and handed us the menus. Everything was done in a proper and timely manner which I am a huge fan of. We got our appetizers promptly and then our entrees not long afterwards. I had Meatballs and Mushrooms for the appetizer and for my entree I had ordered the tri-colored Fettuccine. It was absolutely delicious. The best part of the night was that we were able to meet the Sous Chef and a tour of the kitchen. Sous Chef Dante is actually a graduate from The AI as well. “Customers who receive better service are more satisfied. They feel more appreciated, and like the higher-quality service they receive. They also feel they are getting more for their money” (303). This is particularly true because this dining experience was amazing, but pricey. I definitely got my money’s worth and had a great experience, I would absolutely dine there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment