Monday, December 12, 2016

Wk 10 EOC: My Plans

As my graduation is nearing, people have asked what my plans are for after college. The answer is simple, I want to work for myself and own my restaurant. The name of the restaurant would be Le Papillon Mexique and it would be a fusion of Latin and French food. It will be a fine dining establishment with a capacity of 100 guests. Attending the Art Institute has given me great insight on what to expect in owning a business. There is much more planning, saving, and producing than what most people expect. It’s not just about cooking, there has to be financial planning, the décor and how many employees there are going to be. Being in Las Vegas where people come from all over the world to have an unforgettable experience, why not give them something that no one has? "Many small business investors secure equity funds from relatives, friends, colleagues, or customers who hope to see their businesses succeed and get a return on their investment. Other sources of equity financing can include venture capitalists, individuals with substantial net worth, corporations, and financial institutions” (447). This is a great city to find investors to fund your small business. There are always people out there who are looking for ways to invest their money into something that will turn into a profit. So that is my plan, to graduate college with my Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Management and find investors who will view my plan as a success and start my little business in this big city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment